Somerset Art Weeks: Exhibitions & Events is a new event celebrating the visual arts talent in Somerset. The first Art Weeks event took place between 19th September to 4th October in 2009. It featured a total of 98 venues in which more than 450 artists participated. The event successfully attracted more than 50,000 visitors - on average a 150% increase in visitors for each venue. The average sales made per venue was over £2,500. The event is an opportunity to showcase the Visual Arts in Somerset, whether it be several artists displaying their work on a joint theme or project, or workshops and events: ‘Art is for Everyone’ will be the strap line.
Think Outside the Box...
The event focuses on group exhibitions, projects and events, and is a celebration of the creative abilities of artists and their eagerness to expand their horizons and think "outside the box". It provides an opportunity for artists/makers to promote their work beyond the ‘Open Studio’ format. The event also encourages SAW members to invite other artists from outside Somerset to create and showcase their work, or show their own work in public places. These places will include village halls, skittle alleys, shop windows, public sites etc.
- Each entry will require at least four artists/makers to exhibit in one venue.
- Encourage SAW members to collaborate and invite artists from outside the county.
- Reduced rate for encouraging community groups, schools and non-profit making groups/organisation.
- Reduced rate for artist-led projects and non-selling work, such as new-media, web-based, site-specific installation and intervention.
- Special event and exhibition curated and organised by SAW in partnership with other organisations.
More about the event:
- 2011 (finished on 2nd October, 2011)